The Kingdom of Arrethtrae Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 18 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:42 am
Latest topics
» One last goodbye...
Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 2:45 am by Kelcin

» I'm Back!!!
Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 4:55 am by Sir Leinad

» General Discussion/Chit-Chat/Sit-a-Spell/Whatever it's called
Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn EmptyTue May 26, 2015 10:21 am by Kelcin

» Prayer Requests!
Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 6:44 pm by Sir Dalton

» Random Talk
Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:05 pm by Gaberik

» Boys vs. Girls
Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 9:17 am by Grace

» Riddles
Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 6:52 pm by Sir Dalton

» Ace's new quiz!
Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:18 am by Ace

» Things you like about...... SPRING!!!!!!
Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn EmptyWed May 21, 2014 10:40 am by Gaberik

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 66 registered users
The newest registered user is celybiana

Our users have posted a total of 18343 messages in 368 subjects
Top posters
Lady Carliss (3975)
Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn Vote_lcapSir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn Voting_bar1Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn Vote_rcap1 
Josiah (3022)
Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn Vote_lcapSir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn Voting_bar1Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn Vote_rcap1 
Ace (1438)
Eirwyn (1175)
Daisy (970)
Takara (847)
Lady (803)
Gaberik (788)
Susan (765)
Lady Keanna (762)

Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn

Go down

Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn Empty Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn

Post by Eirwyn Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:14 am

Chapter 1: Young Noble Knight

Scene 1: Bentley’s Knighting

Setting: Hall of Palace Full of Noble Knights and Citizens of Chessington

Lord Kifus: “Bentley of Chessington, do you swear to uphold the Articles of the Code, to defend Chessington and her citizens from enemies both outside and within her borders?” *voice echoes though hall*
Bentley: *keeling in front of Kifus* “I do.”
Kifus: “Do you swear to uphold the honor of the Noble Knights, placing the protection of your fellow brothers-in-arms above your own?”
Bentley: “I do.”
Kifus: “Do you take this oath without reservation, fully understanding the authority and responsibilities granted to you by the King *small pause* an oath that binds you to the order of the Noble Knights until death?”
Bentley: *hesitates and looks at Sir York and Sir Barrington*
*awkward pause, people start murmuring*
Sir Barrington: *nods and smiles at Bentley*
Kifus: *looks sternly at Bentley*
Bentley: “I do.” *lowers head*
Kifus: *lifts sword above Bentley’s shoulder* “Then I dub thee Sir Bentley, protector of Chessington and Noble Knight of the King!” *touches flat of blade to each of Bentley’s shoulders*
*shouts of approval fill the hall*
Bentley: *stands*
Kifus: *shakes Bentley’s hand* “Well done, Sir Bentley. You are young but well deserving of the honor.”
Bentley: “Thank you, Lord Kifus.”
Kifus: *turns around and walks over to a group of citizens and knights and starts talking with them*
Sir Barrington: *walks over, smiles, and embraces Bentley* “I am proud of you, my son.”
Bentley: “Thank you, Father. You and you alone have been my inspiration.”
Sir York: *steps forward, smiles, and grasps Bentley’s arm* “Sir Bentley... has a nice ring to it, aye, laddie?” *slaps Bentley on shoulder*
Bentley: *bows head to York* “I am indebted to you for all the training you have given me, sir.”
Sir York: *smile vanishes* “Aye, and ye’ll be needing those skills in the days to come. The Followers continue to be a menace to our cause, and Kifus tells me our missions to eradicate them will increase.”
Bentley: “Yes, sir.” *pauses a moment* “What was it like before?”
Sir York: *squints eyes and cocks head to one side*
Bentley: “Before the... ah... Followers?”
Sir York and Sir Barrington: *raise eyebrows*
Sir York: *looks at Bentley and Barrington, then looks back at Bentley* “It was a time when the authority of the Noble Knights was never questioned! That’s why we must fight well in coming days. The lingering effects of that dead Stranger will end, and we will restore the order of the Noble Knights to its rightful place when we eradicate His imbecile Followers.” *hands form fists and face makes a scowl*
*awkward silence*
*Bentley’s mother takes his arm and other knights and citizens crowd around to offer congratulations*

Scene 2: Fight with Shadow Warriors

Setting: Clearing in Small Wood beside a Hut in the Northwest Edge of Chessington

*Bentley, York, and some other Noble Knights ride into clearing*
Sir York: “The group of Followers are supposed to be meeting in this hut, search it along with the surrounding area. They won’t get away this time!”
*five massive warriors with strange marks jump from behind hut and attack the Noble Knights*
*Noble Knights start fighting, one of them falls on the ground unconscious*
*one warrior overpowers Bentley and is about to exercise a final downward thrust when a Follower strikes him from behind and the warrior falls down dead*

Bentley: *gets up from the ground and rejoins the fight along with four Followers*
*some Shadow Warriors are overpowered and the rest flee into the forest*
*brief pause while knights catch their breath*
*Bentley and another Noble Knight go to the fallen man and start removing his breastplate*

Bentley: *looks at Followers* “Thank you for your help. We’ve never faced such men before.”
Followers: *nod*
Follower that saved Bentley: *nods in direction Shadow Warriors fled* “We have. They are enemies of the King.”
York: “As are ye! Drop yer swords.”
Bentley: *looks at York with disbelief* “But these men...”
York: “... are our enemies! They’ll be imprisoned.”
Followers: *slowly back away towards trees with looks of surprise on their faces*
Bentley: *jumps to his feet* “They just saved our lives!”
York: “Then they be fools as well! Disarm them!”
Followers: *look at one another then at Bentley*
Bentley: *kneels down beside his fallen comrade*
Followers: *separate themselves and run into forest*
York: “After them!”
Another Noble Knight: “Sir! Nordan is down and needs immediate treatment. We either help him, or we chase the Followers and let him die... you choose!”
York: *looks angrily at the direction the Followers have gone, then mounts his horse and rides back toward Chessington*

That's the first chapter. I added some text that wasn't in the book, changed some things, and used my imagination for the location of the second scene. Hope you liked it! Wink

Eirwyn

Last edited by Eirwyn on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Eirwyn
Eirwyn
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 1175
Birthday : 1910-01-10

http://essenceofevephotography.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn Empty Re: Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn

Post by Eirwyn Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:47 am

Chapter 2: The Mettle of a Man

Scene 3: Father and Son

Setting: Sunset on Terrace in Bentley’s Family Manor

Bentley: *sits down on decorative stone rail*
Lady Deonne: *walks into terrace* “Have you ever wondered how something so beautiful could exist?”
Bentley: “All the time!”
Lady Deonne: *walks up to Bentley and puts arm around waist*
Bentley: *places arm around his mother*
Lady Deonne: “You know son, moments like these are most appreciated with a beautiful young lady beside you.”
Bentley: “That’s fortunate.” *smiles* “I have one right here.”
Lady Deonne: *laughs* “You know what I mean. Lady Fione and I were talking the other day...”
Bentley: “Mother, I’m not interested in Merivale.”
Lady Deonne: “Don’t you think she’s beautiful?”
Bentley: “Of course, but I... I have other things to do. Besides, I don’t think someone like her would be interested in me.”
Lady Deonne: “Why in the kingdom not?” *leans away and looks into Bentley’s eyes*
Bentley: “Because she’s so... so... pretty.”
Lady Deonne: *laughs* “Have you looked in a glass lately, son?”
Bentley: *shakes head, walks to corner of terrace, lifts foot onto marble bench, and looks at the sunset* “What’s all of this for?”
Lady Deonne: “All of what for?”
Bentley: “This.” *motions to manor behind him, to Chessington, and then to the Great Sea* “Am I here simply to be a Noble Knight, chase radical peasants about, marry some maiden, accumulate wealth, and die an old man in Chessington? Is that really what life is all about?”
*silence*
Bentley: “I’m sorry, Mother.” *turns to face Lady Deonne* “You and father have given me everything a young man could ever hope for, and I am so grateful to you both.” *looks back at sunset* “It just feels like there’s something bigger out there. Something... purposeful. And I...”
Sir Barrington: “Here you two are.” *comes into terrace* “I should have known my two dreamers would be on the terrace with the sunset.”
Lady Deonne: “You’re just in time, darling.” *walks over to Sir Barrington and gives him a quick kiss* “I think our son has some questions for you. I need to see to the servants.” *smiles as she exits the terrace*
Barrington: *walks over to Bentley, leans on stone rail, and looks at sunset* “Magnificent!”
Bentley: *nods*
Barrington: “What’s on your mind, son?”
Bentley: *looks at his father* “Tell me about the Stranger, Father.”
Barrington: *looks at Bentley and then at the Great Sea and the remains of the sunset*
Bentley: “We have never really spoken of Him, and yet my whole mission now as a Noble Knight is to eliminate His Followers. I need to know, Father. You have taught me to be a man of honor, yet I am being asked to imprison and possibly kill men and women for reasons I don’t know or understand. The closer I come in contact with these Followers, the more difficult I find it to carry out my mission.”
Barrington: *looks at Bentley with concern*
Bentley: “I’ve heard Kifus and York speak of the great danger these people pose to the kingdom. But for the life of me, I cannot see it. They never attack us, just defend themselves against us. I’ve never seen them steal, nor rob, nor treat anyone unjustly, and they seem to do good works among the sick and the poor.”
Barrington: *sighs* “It’s complicated, son. There are many perspectives to consider.”
Bentley: “But what of Sir Gavin, Sir Demus, and the others? What of you, Father?”
Barrington: *eyes widen with surprise*
*darkness starts to slowly fall*
Bentley: “I have seen the doubt in my own heart also in the eyes of my father, a man who has taught me to seek the truth.” *small pause* “I cannot silence the voice that keeps calling my name. I believe it to be the voice of truth.”
Barrington: *sands and paces to the other side of the terrace*
*long silence*
Barrington: “I watched as they executed Him and felt my soul tear in two. I watched men greater than I sacrifice everything to follow Him.”
Bentley: “I remember. I was just a boy and you tried to keep me from it all, but my friends told me of it. And I saw that it changed you.”
Barrington: “It did.”
Bentley: “I didn’t know what to believe then, and I still don’t.”
Barrington: *looks at Bentley* “Nor do I, son.”
Bentley: *looks the remains of the sunset* “These Followers have a passion beyond what I see in the Noble Knights, and I can hardly bring myself to fight them.”
Barrington: *stares hard at Bentley* “Consider your heart carefully, son, for there is much to lose. Don’t forget that we took an oath.”
Bentley: “And what shall be more justly considered, the oath of a man or the truth of the King?” *pause* “What if the Stranger really was...?”
Barrington: “I’d rather you don’t finish that question.” *holds up hand* “Though we are father and son, still, it borders on treason.” *smiles* “You have truly become a knight who is noble, and I am proud. The answer to that question will surely test the mettle of a man.” *puts arm around Bentley’s shoulder*
*both men exit the terrace*

Eirwyn
Eirwyn
Eirwyn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn Empty Re: Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court Movie Script by Eirwyn

Post by Eirwyn Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Chapter 3: An Act of Treason

Scene 4: Bentley’s Choice

Setting: A clearing in the woods near Chessington

York: “Kill them, Bentley!”
Bentley: *stands between York and two cornered and disarmed Followers* “For what crime?”
York: “Do not question me!” *face red with anger*“I gave you an order, and you will follow it!”
Bentley: *faces York* “For what crime?”
York: *strides toward Bentley and the Followers* “Step aside or I’ll cut you down with them!”
Bentley:“No!” *raises his sword*
York: *hesitates for a moment and attacks Bentley*
*both men fight*
Bentley: *slices York’s upper right arm*
York: *screams and drops his sword* “Traitor!Your days as a Noble Knight are over!”
*three Noble Knights run toward Bentley and York*
Follower: *tugs on Bentley’s tunic* “Come!” *looks at approaching knights* “Quickly!”
Bentley: *half stumbles toward the Followers*
York: *yells* “You’re a dead man, Bentley!”
Bentley: *starts running into the woods after the Followers*

Scene 5: A Talk with the Followers

Setting: The storeroom of a candle maker’s shop

Follower #1:*opens the door* “Inside. Hurry!”
*Bentley and Follower #2 enter*
Follower #1:*takes one last look at the alleyway and closes door*
Follower #2:“Thank you for saving our lives. I’m Esmond, and this is Trae.”
Trae: *nods while glaring at Bentley, then grabs Esmond’s arm and pulls him to one side of the room*
*the Followers hold a whispered conversation, then turn toward Bentley*
Esmond: “You are Sir Bentley.”
Bentley:“Yes.”
Esmond:“Trae here is concerned about your true intentions. There is much at risk if we believe you.”
Bentley:“Then we have something in common. I am also concerned about my intentions, for I know not what they are, and I have risked much already.” *starts shaking his head*
Esmond: “What then shall we do?” *walks away a few steps*
Trae: “We can’t take him to the heaven.” *nods at Bentley* “No offense”
Bentley:“None taken. I understand your concern. I must get to my father.”
Trae: “Why?Isn’t he a Noble Knight?”
Bentley:“Yes, but... I just need to see him.”
Esmond: *walks back to Bentley* “You shouldn’t go home. That is the first place they will look for you.”
Bentley:“Perhaps, but it is a risk I must take. He and my mother deserve to know what has happened.”
Esmond:“What will you do then?”
*small pause*
Bentley: *looks into Esmond’s eyes* “Is He real?”
Esmond: *smiles* “A Noble Knight who seeks the truth-‘tis a rarity. Listen, I have an idea, but we must move quickly. First I must speak to the council. Trae, will you take him to his father?”
Trae: *looks at Bentley and smirks*
Bentley:“It’s all right. I will go by myself.”
Esmond: *shakes his head* “You’ll never make it alone. Every Noble Knight and many citizens will be looking for you. You aren’t exactly an inconspicuous fellow in Chessington.”
Bentley: “So what do you...?”
Esmond: “We have people throughout the city who will help us. We’ve become... experts at hiding people. You need us now.”
Trae: *sighs* “I’ll take him.”
Esmond: *puts hand on Trae’s shoulder* “Be careful. Have him meet me at Swallow’s Creek at dusk.
*Bentley follows Trae out the door*

Scene 6: Farewell

Setting:Bentley’s Family Manor

*Bentley and Trae enter through the gate at the back of the courtyard*
Trae: *whispers* “Meet Esmond at Swallow’s Creek today at dusk.” *turns to leave*
Bentley:“Trae!”
Trae: *turns back toward Bentley*
Bentley:“Thank you for helping me.”
Trae: *nods and exits through the gate*
Bentley: *crosses the courtyard and enters the manor*
Lady Deonne:“Bentley!” *hurries down the staircase*“Barrington, Bentley is here!”
Bentley:“Hello, Mother.”
Lady Deonne:*grabs both of Bentley’s arms and looks at him with angst* “What has happened, Bentley?”
Barrington: *appears at the top of the staircase, stares at Bentley, and starts descending the stairs*
Lady Deonne:*moves aside as Barrington comes to stand in front of his son*
*long moment of silence*
Barrington:“Is it true?”
Bentley:”Yes.”
Barrington: *closes his eyes and takes a deep breath,when he opens them they’re full of tears of pain* “I can’t protect you,son. Kifus is too strong.”
Bentley: “I would never ask you to, Father. I’ve come only to say that I’m sorry for what this will cause you.”
Lady Deonne:*puts hand on Bentley’s shoulder and shakes her head*
Bentley: *puts hand on top of his mother’s* “And to say good-bye.”
Servant:“Sir Barrington!” *rushes into foyer*“Sir, Noble Knights are approaching in the distance!”
Barrington:“When they come, occupy them, Oakley.”
Servant:“Yes, my lord.”
Barrington:“Come.” *turns to Bentley and Deonne*“We haven’t much time.”
*all three go to the stables to find Barrington’s big gray gelding tacked up and ready for travel*
Barrington: *grabs the reins and gives them to Bentley*“Take Silverwood.”
Bentley: “I can’t...”
Barrington:“You’ll need the best horse there is, son. I’ve had Thomas pack your traveling gear.”
Deonne: *grabs Barrington’s arm* “Surely there’s another way!”
Barrington: *touches Deonne’s cheek sadly* “They will try him, and he will tell the truth. Then they will...”
Servant: *appears through the stable door*“They’re coming into the front courtyard, sir!”
Bentley: *hugs his mother* “I’ll be alright,Mother. And one day I’ll return.”
Barrington: *gently pulls Lady Deonne away from Bentley and she leans on to him* “He must leave now.”
Bentley: *looks at his father* “I must know.”
Barrington: *nods and puts his hand on his son’s shoulder* “Wherever this takes you, know that I love you.”
Bentley: *puts his hand on his father’s* “I will honour you!”
Barrington:“And I you!”
Bentley: *mounts Silverwood, looks at his parents,and rides out of the stables*
Eirwyn
Eirwyn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down